Every year, I try to take the time to give thanks for the great things that have happened over the year, and all the things to be thankful for. So, in descending order, my top ten for 2011
10. Pinterest: I am obsessed. So thankful for this beautiful, wonderful site to inspire my inspiration. I hope you are following us!
9. Starbucks Christmas Blend: It’s back! And I know that’s an odd thing to put on your “Thankful Post” but in general, I’m thankful for coffee. I have a coffee problem, one I can happily admit to, and I don’t want you to judge me for it, for if I didn’t have coffee, I’d probably just be like a mute zombie shuffling around.
8. Awesome opportunities: Our florals were published in a Southern Living photoshoot with A Delightful Day and Amber Housley. A beautiful collaboration I couldn’t be more proud of, be sure to pick up an issue! (Be sure to check out Amber’s new lovely site + brand by clicking above– so proud of her!)
7. Our sweet new home: While it’s certainly a journey in the renovation/remodel department, I couldn’t be more thankful for our beautiful new space that we call our own. One day it will be done, and I can show more than just the outside photos. But I honestly can’t be thankful enough for all the lessons that our house has taught me already, lessons in patience, determination, and the value of slow progress. It’s a gift!
6. Our newest team addition, Ms. Rickey Minder– who is incredibly talented and brings a wonderful freshness to the world of Brocade. We are so happy that she joined us! Rickey is an amazing actress t00 (some gals get all the talent) so be sure to check out her website
5. My awesome friends + family (some of whom are featured below). You guys rock my socks off, and I love you.
4. My fantastic sister: I don’t have a super great photo of her to post below, but I want to take a second to thank her for all she does and all she contributes to my life and my business. She is a blessing in my life and I am so glad she chooses to spend an inordinate amount of her time with me at Brocade
3. My Amazing Team. I couldn’t do this without them! (This is just an iphone picture, which reminds me of how much we need a professional shoot stat to show off these lovely ladies). I love you all and I am so, so, so thankful for you!
2. Our Brides, customers, and supporters: We’re so happy to have touched the lives of over 150 brides since I started Brocade. While our contribution in your lives have been small, your contribution in ours has been HUGE. Thank you all for your amazing support and for entrusting us with your floral and decor needs! We are so lucky to be able to do work in a field we love, so thank you for allowing us to do so!
1. My awesome husband. You are my foundation, my best friend, my constant cheerleader, and let’s face it, darling: you’re pretty good looking, too.
I hope that you all have an amazing Thanksgiving holiday filled with love, laughter, good friends + loved ones. Enjoy!